Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Reason I Don't Bet On Nothin'


I'm lost this NFL season without a pool to drive my interest in the games. That's what happens when your favourite team sucks and has no chance of making the playoffs (Tennessee, in case you're wondering).

So I resurrected my Playshere account with the Atlantic Lottery Corporation on line and have been betting on a few games here and there over the past couple of weeks. I've come to the realization that I'm really bad at it. Yesterday, I tried to make the $10 or so that I've lost so far back by placing a $2 bet and picking winners from the 3 baseball playoff games going on yesterday. Two of the 3 teams I picked lost. The other one won, but only by a run and that technically would only be a "tie" under the Playshere rules. So I was 0-3, on a ticket that would have only paid me $12. Pathetic!

I'm not a big gambler, and I'm coming to the realization that its probably because I've never won anything to give me a taste for it. Then again, maybe I just have to practice more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home