Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

That Chavez is a Pretty Funny Guy


You know, once you get past the fact that his government is run in an autocratic fashion that threatens to compromise future democracy in Venezuela, and that he's mismanaged an overabundance of oil in a way only a true lunatic-dictator-type could do, Hugo Chavez really is a funny guy.

Hearing his comments to the UN General Assembly a few days ago made me laugh. He continues to insult President Bush in new and innovative ways at every opportunity he gets with the press. The English translation of his words make for amusing grade-school-like barbs. The thing that really puts it over the edge for me is the pop culture references ...like that thing he said about Americans setting aside their Superman movies and reading the Noam Chomsky book he was holding. (Not coincidentally, sales of Chomsky's books have increased this week following Chavez' remarks)

I think he should give up politics and get his own late night talk show. It would probably have a pretty loyal following here in Canuckland.

P.S. The lemur pictured here has nothing to do with Chavez. I just think its funny too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ray Law said...

Hell, if I were a lemur I'd be Hugo Chavez.

3:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home