Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Balloon Fiesta Full of Hot Air


I took the family up to Sussex today for the Atlantic International Balloon Fiesta. You know what the funny thing is about the balloon fiesta?: no ballons. Not a one! Apparently, they take off at 2 times during the day 6:30AM and 6PM. We knew this but decided to go anyway so that the kids could enjoy the country-fair-like atmosphere and get on a few carnival rides. $100 bucks later I have a couple of face-painted kids, 2 huge inflatable crayons and strong desire to marry my cousins.

I don't even think I saw the word "Balloon" anywhere...and you definitely wouldn't have known you were at a "fiesta" (the lack of sombraros was killer). Looking back on this, they could have easily have called this a baboon fiesta and just told everyone that the baboons come out in the middle of the night. No one's gonna stick around Sussex to find out if its true anyway!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home