Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Its been a While...I'm lazy


I've been getting way too slack with the blog. So this week I am dedicating myself to post at least 5 entries by the end of the week. They'll just have to be shorter than my normal monologue.

Today's topic: Dallas Green- Why does he need other people to bring out his talent?

Dallas Green is currently experiencing more radio airplay than anytime in his career. For years he has been known as an underground talent in Toronto..and has had huge local success in St Catherines, Ontario. Still, a lot of people don't know him...and I just can't make up my mind about him.

Featured in the ensemble piece "The Grace", by Neverending White Lights, he is awesome...the song is awesome, I can't get enough of it. If you don't know anything about this band take a look. Pretty impressive talent gathered together here.

In his solo side project City and Colour, I think he falls short. I can't stand the song "Save Your Scissors"....it makes me want to stab scissors in my eyes...or I guess ears would make more sense.....and the name of his 'project' is probably the most clever thing about the crap he's put out (City= Dallas....Colour= Green....pure genius!).

And the fact that his full-time job is with the band Alexisonfire completely baffles me. Good band...scream a bit much at times but you can get past that with the music....but not anything like either of the latest works he's putting out.

So basically, anything done with someone else is gold but on his own he becomes Clay Aitken with an attitude. I don't get it. I guess I just have to hope someone holds his hand for a few years and shows him what doesn't suck...and then I'll have something to listen to.

Anyway, I have a lot to bitch about so stay tuned this week folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home