Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Covered & Confused


I just want to make a statement that I think Disturbed's cover of the Genesis tune "Land of Confusion" might be one of the best covers I've heard in years. Here's why:


1. Although all Disturbed songs sound essentially the same, this cover actually stays loyal enough to the original to not be immediately written off as a novelty.


2. All Disturbed's songs sound essentially the same, so they stayed with that and actually made this song their own, and different enough to give it a purpose.


3. The original came out as a cry against anti-nuclear proliferation at the end of the cold war. It was a time when every citizen feared the power that the world's leaders had over them and what they might do with it. What better time to exhume this tune? The world's gone crazy again...just look at what is happening with Paris and Britany hanging out! Bottom line is that this is a timely and powerful song.


4. It reminds me of Genesis' original and the video for it...one of my all-time favourite videos


5. I'm drunk on scotch and will argue that Joan Rivers is one hot bitch with anyone who's willing.....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home