Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Death Sentence: If You Don't Agree With My Opinion You Should Die

With the death sentence being handed down today on Saddam Hussein and two other defendants, after being found guilty on the charges of crimes against humanity, I thought it would be a great time to push people's buttons by reiterating my anti-death penalty stance.

I'm not going to get into a big debate as to rights and wrongs and pros and cons of capital punishment vs. a lifetime in prison. Instead, I'm simply going to say this: it is wrong to kill another human being. Period! Nobody has the right to do this. You can not condemn somebody for killing people (even on a mass scale) and then turn around and kill somebody yourself...even if they are a worthless piece of shit. It makes you a hypocrite.....even if you hide behind a veil called "government".

If you don't like my stance, I'm sure you're not as advanced intellectually as I am. Which isn't saying a lot for either of us. Talk to me about castrating rapists or pedophiles, and then you might get an answer you like more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home