Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Finger Lickin' Sad


A colleague and I decided to break our normal routine and went to KFC for lunch today. I was shocked and dismayed when I got up to the counter to order my Big Crunch sandwich and saw a former coworker of mine behind the packing window putting together the orders. The reason for my reaction was that the person I was looking at was a co-worker of mine when I worked at KFC 13-14 years ago as a teenager. She was only a few years older than me at the time. (I guess she still would be, barring the discovery of a wormhole in the deep fryer- which is entirely possible).

Its not that there's anything wrong with working fast food. Its an honest living, and served me well for a couple of years between high school and university. But just the thought of working in that shithole for 16+ years makes me sad....like someone getting sentenced to life in prison for a crime they didn't commit. Now fortunately for me, this particular co-worker was a big bitch. So that helps to temper my emotions somewhat. You see, she once got me suspended from work for wearing a chicken bucket on my head with eye holes cut out of it (pure comic genius!), and tried to get me fired for taking a deposit to the bank after regulated hours. So, as sad as this story may seem, I hope you rot in deep fried hell Jan! Not really, but that sounds funny. Honestly, I'm willing to be the bigger person and forgive and forget. I think she's done her time.... Its time for her to at least look for call-centre work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home