Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Password Recovery- The Ray Law Approach

Have you ever signed up for something on-line and been asked to provide a security question for yourself, in the case that you forget your username and/or password and someone has to verify that its really you? Usually, most places give you a choice from a drop-down menu. Stuff like: "What is your mother's maiden name?", "What street did you grow up on as a child", or "Name of your first pet?". Other sites let you design the question...these are my favourite. Here is a list of actual questions I have made up for myself over the past few months when signing up for various internet services:

1. What's that smell?
2. Do I look fat in this dress?
3. How do you spell relief, (be graphic)?
4. Where did you bury that dead hooker?
5. What was your blood-alcohol level during your last job interview (hint: flamable)?
6. What was/is your Mr. Mister fan club membership #?

The answers really drive home the humour. Unfortunately, I'm afraid they must remain with me before one of you breaks into my Wizards of the Coast account and downgrades my chainmail +3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home