Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Just Give Me My $1200 So I Can Get On With My Beer and Popcorn Binging...


Prepare to be poor for the next 20 years Canada. Stephen Harper's Tory government has introduced the budget that will be tabled for 2006-07 tax year and has started the ball rolling on what will sure be the next recessionary period in Canadian history. For those of you who are interested (which really should be any voter who doesn't own an oil field in Alberta) here are the budget details. For everyone else here's the 20 second version...

Stephen Harper when faced with budgetary issues: "Problem?.... Don't we have money to throw at it in the short term?.... No?.... Just take it from the aboriginals...still not enough?...Tax that lower bracket a few more % I personally don't know anyone in that bracket anyway.....oh screw it, just drop the GST a point, everyone knows what that is, that should seem significant...can someone fetch me another baby, I'm famished...."

I do like the budget presentation though if nothing else....its fancy!

I'm condensing this topic into just a few lines for time and space purposes...but trust me, there are serious issues that I could go on forever about, and there's just not enough time and/or space in this forum.

Other Flotsam and Jetsam:

My chip run is over. Doritos introduced a new flavour and I had to try: Sweet Chili Heat. They weren't worth falling off the wagon for. It lasted 44 days. I lost 15 lbs. I'm going to try to keep off them for the remainder of what would have been the 100 days.

Gonzaga: I now it was like a month and a half ago now...Zags lost...I was wrong... I know. That's why I don't throw money into bracket pools anymore! Morrison choked in a big game..down the stretch...that and poor shot clock management screwed them in the end...UCLA made on of the classic comebacks in college basketball history to beat them in the sweet 16 and deserved the win. Let's move on.

Did anyone see Lost last night? I've just recently started reading some theory websites about the show. I think I'm going to stop...they're way too involved. It looks like each of these geeks tapes the show and spends half their lives breaking it down. Looks like the show is going to pick up again for the May sweeps and finish strong going into its 3rd season. Good TV!

Bad TV: American Idol. Can't stand Elliot, why do people think he's so good? I'm rooting for Taylor, but realistically, it has to be the last female singer remaining that wins: Katherine McPhee. Not my favourite, but think about it...based on who America has votes as winners in the past, can you see any of the others winning? Exactly!

Lastly, have you seen this? It looks so bad, its got to be good! My buddy King Bee sent me a description about this movie a couple of months ago when they finished filming...I laughed. I'm still laughing after seeing the trailer...."Enough is enough, I've had with these snakes..." hahahahahahaha....

(Quick shout out to Graeme MacKay...great political cartoonist, whomed I borrowed from above).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home