Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Cecilia Zhang R.I.P.


One of the things I remember about my last few months living in Toronto in early 2004, is not being able to step into a coffee shop without seeing a missing/reward poster for the young Ms. Zhang. Yesterday, an "emotionless" Min Chen pleaded guilty to second degree murder in the case of an apparent abduction/ransom plan gone wrong. It really pains me that this man could be granted parole in 12 years. I know thousands of children go missing every day, some never to be seen again, and I don't want to discount any of those cases which don't get the media treatment this one did. However, I do hope that the judge in this case uses the media attention to hand down what the Crown is seeking....life in prison with no eligibility for parole until 20 years in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home