Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Raveen: The Impossibly Ancient


Honest to god! How the fuck old is Raveen??!?!? I remember seeing the commercial for his show on ATV in between Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling matches when I was like 4 years old. I remember him looking like he was about 50 years old then. Here we are 30 years later and the guy is still selling out shows...and here's the truly remarkable thing...he's using the same 1979 commercial on tv and the radio today!!!!....and it's as catchy as hell! I want to beat myself in the face with a stapler at work every time I catch myself humming the theme..."have you seen the man they call Raveen..."..."comin' on the man they call Raveen.."...my God...is he using his powers of the superconscious in these commercials? Is that legal? Why does he hold this spell over me..???? arrrggghhhh!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Reveen last night in Halifax, NS. This was the first time I saw him perform. He had great difficulty staying on track. He relied heavily on his sons to keep things going, by reminding him of what he was to say next, or which participants had not been assigned roles. At times he became confused and repeated the same part of his lines, only to become lost as to what to say next, once he realized what he had done. It is a sad irony that a man known for his life's work in promoting "the power of the mind" seems to be losing control of his own. Still, I am happy that I was able to see this Maritime legend. I doubt he will be back this way again.

One last note: Reveen stayed after the show and signed autographs for everyone who wanted one. As I watched him interact with his fans, and when I met him, myself, I was struck by his warmness and patience. He seemed to genuinely enjoy meeting those who stayed behind to meet him.

4:56 p.m.  
Blogger Ray Law said...

I love this comment! It makes me smile and yet is kind of sad. I had a buddy who told me that he went to one of his shows a long time ago and had to pretend to be hynotized because Raveen's powers didn't work too well. It makes me wonder how many people are compelled to do the same thing....especially now that he might have this pity thing working for him.

8:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home