Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

American Inventor....Like Drowning Puppies In Primetime.


I keep falling into the same old trap with the ABC realty show American Inventor. The show is great in concept: Average everyday inventor-wannabes face a panel of "experts" to try to sell them on whatever itch they have scratched with their new products....and try to win some seed money to take their products to market nation-wide. Some of the things they come up with are cool, some are funny, and some are just plain stupid. Sounds entertaining and a good waste of an hour right?

Well, the part I can't stand, that really turns me off, is that they drag the heartbreaking stories of these people into play...and I really don't think its fair. I watched for maybe 3 minutes last night...some guy invented a drag racing track-thing to use with matchbook cars...wasn't bad..wasn't incredibly good...but then they asked him how much money he had sunk into the thing. His response was $300K!..and went on to say how his brothers and other family members took out additional mortgages on their homes to help him out...he was holding back tears while saying it! And therein lies the problem...how could you possibly pass up this guy and not put him through to the next round after hearing that?

When I watched it last year, the 3-4 finalists all had similar heart-breaking stories. Its all about emotional blackmail...and its the same sort of gripe I have with another ABC show I keep railing on- Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

Disney is really starting to piss me off. I think I'm going to have to start boycotting them....that is, until I take the kids to Disney world in a couple of years....then I'll just shit on the rides at the Magic Kingdom.....that will show those mouse-lovin sons a' bitches!

1 Comments:

Blogger King_of_Bees said...

Can u please take me to DisneyWorld
I like to shit..on rides especially

10:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home