Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Panty-liners Part I: They’re Not Just For Panties Anymore

I’ve been taking a bit of heat lately for something that I did last Wednesday night. You see, I play softball and tend to scrape up my knee quite badly when sliding into bases. This is nothing new, it has been happening ever since I’ve played.

Because I injure myself often I have learned to keep a healthy supply of oversized bandages for my leg at home. That way when I cut myself up, I can just slip one on and go to bed without waking up to a bloody mess in the bed the next morning.

Anyway, back to last week. I tore up my knee once again playing ball and came home past everyone else’s bed time. I searched all over the place for my cache of bandages, but came up empty. My leg was, again, a bloody mess, so there was no way I could go to bed without putting something on it. I found a roll of gauze and some first aid tape…but that would have been messy to peel away the next day. I found some different materials I could apply to it but it would have soaked right though by the morning. What was I going to do????

Then I saw something in a bathroom cabinet. Something that was wonderfully absorbent, and would not make me worry about seepage, or being messy to remove….my wife’s panty-liner. So I took one out and taped it to my leg. Worked like a charm! It worked so well, that the next morning I had to change my “dressing” before going to work, so I taped another one on before I left. I was almost at the point where I would abandon band-aids altogether!

1 Comments:

Blogger HomeSchooler said...

That cracks me up!

But in all honestly, I've heard something similar before, with regards to an emergency need for clean bandages.

I can't remember when or where I read about it, maybe a magazine, but it suggested putting a pre-packaged ultra-thin maxi pad (the ones that are individually wrapped) and adhering it to the interior of a hard hat. Should the wearer of the hard hat (or one of his/her buddies) becomes injured, there is always a clean "bandage" at hand, or (in a worse case scenario) to have something clean on hand with which someone can apply pressure.

It's actually quite logical, since most activities which involve the use of a hard hat are 1) dangerous to some degree and 2) not "clean" activities.

So, despite a bit of protesting, my father has one stuck in the top of his hard hat, between the helmet shell and the suspension. And even having it located there might provide a mite more cushioning should a tree branch fall on his head!

11:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home