Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

10 Degrees of Wiki-fun.

I've wanted to post something like this for a while. One of my favourite things to do on the web is to start reading about something on Wikipedia, and then see what I'm reading about 1/2 hour later, and how completely different the topic is, after having clicked from link to link within the on-line tome.....and then of course wondering, 'how the hell are these things even remotely linked to one another?'.

So just for shits and giggles, I thought I would pick a topic, start reading, and see where 9 more links would lead me..based purely on what piqued my interest when I saw the links....and of course I documented it all for your entertainment and mine.

For today's path I first went to CNN.com to get a completely random topic to start with. The first article I saw there was about some anti-government conspirators being arrested or charged in Laos. This is how today's wiki-reading went down:

1. Laos...which lead to...
2. IMF (International Monetary Fund)...which lead to..
3. The Great Depression...which lead to...
4. Saskatchewan...which lead to...
5. Louis Riel...which lead to....
6. Insanity Defence...which lead to...
7. Bipolar Disorder...which lead to...
8. Ethanol..which lead to...
9. Alcoholic Beverage...which of course lead to...
10. Scotch Whiskey!!

It always comes back to scotch!!...you simply can't make this shit up!

2 Comments:

Blogger Saint John Pirate said...

WiKi is usually factucally wrong...at some point, but Scotch is always good

5:19 p.m.  
Blogger Ray Law said...

The way I figure it, Wikipedia sums up every odd article that you could possibly find somewhere on the web about a topic...and they actually attempt to moderate...its only as wrong as the rest of the internet...but its all in one place...works for me, I'm not writing a thesis.

7:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home