Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

NBA Basketball, its FANtastic!

Since my favourite hockey team, the Washington Capitals (don't ask), came nowhere near making the NHL playoffs (but not without some bright spots), my focus is on the NBA playoffs which just started yesterday. This is a good year for me because i cheer for 3 teams pretty much equally right now. Those three teams are:
Boston Celtic- My team growing up...come on!..it was Larry Bird...how could this not be my team??? Anyway, they've sucked for years, but this year had the 2nd to worst record in basketball...giving them a pretty decent chance to secure either Kevin Durant or Greg Oden in this year's NBA draft...which should be a huge step to making them a playoff team again in a couple of years.

Toronto Raptors- I was excited when the NBA expanded into Canada...even more excited when I moved to Toronto in 2000 and got to go to a few games each year. They supplanted the Celts as my team at about the time I saw Allen Iverson and Vince Carter exchange 50 point games in the 2001 playoffs- Carter's I saw live in game 3. Too bad he turned into such a douche bag! (because this is without a doubt the best dunk ever!)

Phoenix Suns- Now most people might think I like them simply because they're run by a Canadian point guard...2 time MVP Steve Nash...and play the most exciting fast break basketball since the 80's "Showtime" Lakers. These are all part of the reason....but I actually started liking them when Barkley got traded there in the early 90's and I got introduced to another guard, who is my 2nd favourite all-time point guard- Kevin Johnson...the guy could shoot from anywhere, pick apart defences with his passing...and oh yeah, he was a 6-footer who had maybe one of the best dunks of all time over possibly the best defensive center of all time...check him out.

Anyway, Raptors have a chance to hang around for a couple of rounds and the Suns have a chance to take it all...I have to go back to my first round match-up of the hour: Spurs vs. Nuggets. I probably won't even look at a hockey score for a month. Thank god for the NBA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home