Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

5th Grade: Then Vs. Now


I read an article today about a bunch of 5th graders who got arrested for having sex in class, in front of there other classmates while a teacher left them alone for 5 minutes.


Let's reflect on this for a second. When I was in 5th grade we occasionally got in trouble for being too loud when the teacher left the room.....I once got detenion for throwing a paper airplane at another kid and nearly putting his eye out...and I believe I got a couple of Dungeons & Dragons books taken away after a rained-in lunch hour, because they were a little too violent and inappropriate. I was probably the kid that got in more trouble than any other in my grade, and I was the class clown as well. However, at no time did it ever occur to me to start humping my classmates when my teacher left the room (maybe that's why the class clown is never the popular one...or visa versa).


I can't believe I'm about to say this, but: What hell is wrong with kids these days? The actual act doesn't even bother me as much as the fact that I read something like that and it makes me feel like I'm turning into my parents. Damn them Louisiana bayou punks!!!...it must be something in the crawfish!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home