Rants in Your Pants

A way to vent my frustrations, that DOESN'T involve setting things on fire.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Ethnic Curling - My First Real Post

With the death of Slobodan MIlosevic greeting me in the news right after I created this blog yesterday, I first thought I had a perfect topic to start my rantings with. However, I want this to be a forum that truly reflects me, and the first post should set the tone. I want this to be more amusing than anything, and if I were to go off on ths topic I think I would defeat my own purpose. (unless I was talking about this ethnic cleansing- $14.88?? wtf??- somewhere there's a militia in Michigan making enough money to get those new armour pirceing rounds that come in oh-so-handy when 'deer hunting'....of course they're probably making all off their own membership). For a good take on it (the Milosevic thing) visit my buddy Kingbee's blog.

What I would like to talk about briefly is curling. Or as I like to refer to it, my last chance at a Olympic Medal. the Olympics have now been over for a couple of weeks, and Canada won gold this time around. (surprisingly our only gold medal in this event in 6 tries!!). More importantly a four-man squad, that was half drunk and half stupid, stepped onto a curling sheet in the Carleton Curling Rink in west Saint John a few weeks ago and handed out an ass-whooping of major proportions...winning 8-0 and 4-0 in its only two matches and walking away with 3rd place. Long live the Curling Irons!

*(deano, quinner and kingbee...my thanks, and your 'medallions' are in the mail if you haven't received them already)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ray Law said...

Blowing or sucking....either way I feel your vibe...

8:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home